Keep Talking: a Storytelling Show “Best Of 2019!”
Keep Talking: A Storytelling Show
Created in 2014 by hosts Adam Richard and Zachariah Durr, Keep Talking has brought a diverse mix of new and experienced storytellers to share true stories every month at the Happy Dog in Cleveland’s Gordon Square Arts District. Have a story you’d like to share? Find out how you can get involved below!
Best of 2019!
With stories from…
TBA, but you will NOT want to miss it!
…and hosted by Adam Richard and Zachariah Durr
WANT TO SUBMIT?
Keep Talking is a storytelling show that encourages people to share 100% true stories inspired by a theme. Stories can be inspiring, funny, sad, bizarre, meaningful, shocking, or anything in between!
We need YOU. Everyone has an interesting story in them. It doesn’t matter if you aren’t an actor, comic or natural “center of attention”, we want to hear from you.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO BE ON THE SHOW?
Stories need to meet three requirements:
1. Stories MUST be true, and have happened to YOU.
2. Stories need to fit the month’s theme in SOME way. We keep it vague on purpose, so get creative!
3. No hate or harm – meaning you can tell a story of how someone hurt you, but if things get negative, change the name. Please don’t tell a slanderous story about someone who will be in the room.
Submit your story by writing us at KeepTalkingCLE@gmail.com.
You can either write a two paragraph max summary of the story, or send us an audio or video of your story summary. Send us at least the beginning and ending of the story. Don’t leave on a cliffhanger. If you think writing the whole thing out will help us “get” the story – go for it (but please, no novels!)
Once you’ve submitted, we will quickly get back to you about your story – so send it today!
THINGS WE LOOK FOR IN STORY SUBMISSIONS:
1. We like detail, but you don’t need to write a novel…Give us the beginning, middle and end!
2. We would prefer one single story and not a recap of multiple experiences…don’t just give us a series of events or anecdotes! For example, if you’re a bartender and have met and experienced all kinds of weird people, we want to hear about is the story of that one crazy guy you’ll never forget!
3. WHY do you want to share it — how did this affect you? Why is this story something that sticks out to you? Did you change from the experience? Did you learn something? Were challenged in some way and forced to confront something you’ve never had to before? In other words, this story has stuck with you as being a story you want to share but now you have to be able to say WHY it’s sticking with you.
Remember…stories can be suspenseful, sad, funny, romantic, personal, shocking, emotional….whatever! We just want to hear YOUR story. So stop reading this and get typing. We can’t wait to read your pitch!